Monday, May 7, 2012

Looking on the bright side :)

Positives of today:
1)  I got an email from my cousin, Elder Stewart!! He's currently in Vitoria, Brazil serving a two year service mission for the LDS church.  He's been gone for about... 8 months now? Whoa. 8 months.  Anyway, I got an email from him this morning, which always makes my day :)
Elder Stewarto with the Brazilian mission president and his wife
 2)  The Lord gave me a little piece of home - it's been raining for the past 2 days, and walking into the rain after being in the dark school for 4 hours, Lithuania smelt just like Washington right after it rains :)
Oh, how I love my Washington rain :)
 3)  I got a chance to email my Mom - my summer time with my Mom was probably one of the hardest things I knew I was going to have to give up when I accepted this internship.  I'm so grateful for the chance I have to still email and appreciate one of my best friends.  I miss her so.
Mom and I at a picnic/hike/moose sight seeing trip we went on before I left
 4)  I took a nap today!! I've never really been a nap person, and have fallen into the habit since coming here. I'm not certain if my body is still recovering from sickness/jet lagging, but I've been pretty worn out.  Naps help :)
5)  FHE with my fellow teachers - Janese gave a wonderful lesson, and Areil had a great game/treat prepared! We dumped M&M's (which are undeniably better with European chocolate, by the way) into a pie dish, armed everyone with a straw, and played a game involving rolling dice and sucking those M&M's suckers to move them into a cup.  Super fun! My lungs haven't felt this worn out since Band Camp :)
FHE M&M game!!  Feel free to admire my prominent jaw line and talented straw flicking talents (kudos to Elise for the pic - she doesn't even know I stole it :)
 6)  Our Kindergarten cooking friends served pasta for dinner!! The pasta here is very thick, and very delicious :) Sure, it was coated in a layer or two (or 5) of butter, but the pasta was delicious!
This isn't from today, but it's the set up for our table that our Kindergarten cook friends have for us :)
 7)  I got to FaceTime Carissa in Seattle!! Technically, it was morning for me when I hung up, so I'm going to count it :)  Loved seeing her - now I just need to track down talking to my other roomie friends!! (cough cough, Sha.  Okay... I really can't give you flack since we all know I'm the problem here, but still.  We're organizing a chat time :)
*Note - if Carissa and I could ever manage to actually take a picture together, I would stick one in here.  But we don't.  So I can't. Phooey.*

9)  little Ema managed to crack that stuck spot in my back today - sure, it involved her using me as a jungle gym, but that's a minor detail :)
10)  I just barely got an email from my sister Eden!! Like Elder Stewart, she's also on an LDS mission right now, but she's serving in Temple Square, Utah.  (If you want to keep updated on her, HERE is her blog that I hypothetically keep updated. I'm usually pretty good at it.  Unless I'm in Europe.  Which is currently a problem.)
11)  Listening to Hootie and the Blowfish - that's always a good thing, right?
12)  Blogging.  Being responsible and blogging is a good thing.  Right? Right.
13)  Sleep! Sleep is also a good thing - and probably what I should be doing since it's now 11:30pm. 

2 comments:

  1. This post is most excellent. As are you :)

    Hootie and the Blowfish, HMMM?!
    I'm sorry. I just have to tease you. haha :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you made lemons into lemonade - that's my girl!!! xoxoxo Mom

    ReplyDelete