Sunday, June 17, 2012

Taking it slow

Today was, thankfully, a slow day.  Events for this week have been so crazy and exhausting, it's been good to have a day to actually, you know, breathe

Started off by heading into church around 9:30am, which was definitely the highlight of my day.  I wish I could explain the feelings of peace, love and progression that occur every time I walk into these church meetings.  It is summarized beautifully on mormon.org, a website with information regarding LDS beliefs and values:

“Come unto me.” Those three simple words spoken by Jesus Christ (Matthew 11:28) sum up the central purpose of His Church—to help all people come unto Christ, that they might receive salvation.

In return for following Jesus Christ's way, He promises us many things, two of which are answers to our prayers and rest to our souls. We can all use a little rest. We all struggle with something. To all of us He says: Lay down your burdens. Let me carry your load. Turn away from the darkness and into the light. He also promises peace. “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you. . . . Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid” (John 14:27).

This is a beautiful church, and one of which I have a strong and personal testimony.  I encourage all to investigate our beliefs and standings more than they've previously allowed themselves to. And if you're already a member, I challenge you to make a profile on mormon.org.  Allow your faithful and diligent life as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to be seen by others! (you can see such profiles HERE)

Anyway, Sunday was so great :) Got a nap in, Skyped with my Mom for her birthday (and was told a hilarious story involving showers, bananas and surprise birthday breakfasts), and had some yummy fruit. Life is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment