Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Safe flight, balloon volleyball and pickle pizza

Kind of  a sad start to the day, considering Mom and I headed into the airport with Dima around 3:45am for her to fly back to the good ol' USA.  We got her there safely though, I got to give her a big hug, and was grateful for the time I had with her. Truly, this trip with Mom is one that I will remember for years to come - I loved the one-on-one time I was able to have with Mom, since that's not really something I've really ever had before.  Even in the 2 weeks she was here, I feel like she taught me so much, and helped me learn more about the people I interact with. She's got a gift for doing that :) Anyway, the kids were very sad when Mom wasn't there for class today. Alysa was all sorts of distraught.
The kids wanted to wave goodbye to Mom, and I promised them I'd give to her. So Mom, this pictures for you! They love you :)
video
 They also wanted a video them saying goodbye, so I hope this works!

After we dropped Mom off, I headed back to get some sleep before starting my day for real.  I then got up around 7:45am or so for a FaceTime date with Carissa! Somewhere between me answering and her finally going to bed, 4 hours managed to slip away.  It was great to talk with her though, and make her all sleep deprived :)

After I realized my morning had transitioned to afternoon without me realizing, I got started on updating my blog, sending out some emails, etc. Then, it was off to lunch and school!

The kids were kind of strange today.... but in a good way, I suppose.  We did balloon volleyball, and the kids LOVED it!
Artur, doing the limbo on the "volleyball net" we set up

Sofia, all sorts of smug that she didn't have to crouch to go under the limbo rope

The kids catching the bubbles I was blowing for them

They were seriously on cloud 9 :)

The Silver class - they found the duct tape that I used to tape the yarn across the room, an wanted to plaster it on their face! Who am I to say no? (especially when it keeps them so quiet...)

Silver class playing balloon volleyball
They got SUPER into it! Keeping score, spiking the baloon, all that jazz
Besides the bubble soap that got in Rusne's eye, the brief meltdown Z had, and the fact that Artur and Sofia are having a lover's quarrel, the kids were great today.

Once we got home from classes, Dima came over - but not for Russian lessons! He came bearing a good ol' pickle pizza... which is exactly what it sounds like. Pickles on pizza. They love it here. Not sure why. Anyway, Dima really wanted pizza and decided to share with his Americans!
Please notice that Dima stole Elise's hipster glasses. That's basically why I took this picture. Treasure, right there :)
And the best news - I got a text from Mom saying that she landed safe and sound in Seattle! Glad she made it home in one piece, and that this trip was uneventful :) Whoever though you'd be grateful for boring?

2 comments:

  1. So, there's a pizza at Papa Murhpy's called "Cheeseburger Pizza" that has pickles on it...along with all the other elements of a cheeseburger. I have to say, (if I were able to eat cheese), I would love to try it! But pickles alone...hmmm...

    Glad your mom got back uneventfully! And I'm so glad she got to be there with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheeseburger eh? Could be good. This one was thin crust with turkey meat and dill pickles. That's it :)

    ReplyDelete